Friday

ORTING + NEWBORN PHOTOS AND BIRTH PHOTOGRAPHY


......Did you know that often times you have no idea if a twin is identical or not until after it is born and most of the time doctors still have to test the placenta?  This past December I had the honor to photograph two adorable little girls.  Coral + Dahlia.  I had never had twins in the studio before and I was so excited to hear someone was having twins!  It's an opportunity that doesn't come around everyday.  These girls were the most awake 3 week early babies I had ever photographed.  They were more awake at three weeks premature than some babies I have had at three weeks old.  Being one of the local Seattle Tacoma Newborn Photographers, I really wanted to do this shoot.  It gave me a whole new respect for newborn photography and how hard it truly is.  I love newborns and newborn photography, but two was much harder than one.  A newborn photography session in it self normally take three hours, having two at the same time, trying not to invade the others space even though they have shared it for the last almost 9 months is a task in its own.
I would have to say I would photograph twins any day.  They are so beautiful especially together and the amazing things that make them so different were fun to see.  For instance one of the babies has a birth mark on its belly and the other has none to be found. One of the most interesting things about Coral + Dahlia is that their mother is an identical twin.  

   KATIE TYREE PHOTOGRAPHY



No comments:

Post a Comment